Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday's Schedule

I'm sitting in the hotel eating breakfast and waiting for the next shuttle to the Convention Center. No personal pick-up from Julie or Mike for me this morning, but this will help me figure out how the shuttle works before I have to take it "for real" and have a serious deadline. This morning I need to go pick up my nametag and packet and registration. (Confession: I didn't bring my credentials card. This was very naughty of me, but I stuck it in a binder I thought I would be bringing to Conference, and then while packing, I decided not to bring that binder but forgot the all-important document was there. Oops. There is a booth just for delegates who don't have credentials {maybe the line will be shorter!}, so I'll take my passport there and beg forgiveness and mercy.) So, the first item of business when I arrive at the Convention Center will be registering. At 12, I have the orientation for Women Delegates. 3 is the Orientation for Young People, which I'll be attending as a delegate but will also be introduced as a YPA speaker. After the Orientation, we will be running through our full Address in a self-rehearsal (we won't be in the Arena with tech at all). The rest of the team then gets to go to dinner, but I have to go right to Opening Worship. Luckily I got lots of bagels yesterday at Panera, so I have lunch and dinner. After Opening Worship is our first plenary; we'll be taking care of setting the bar, the rules of order, etc. Most of it will be fairly routine. And then I get to come home and go to bed...but soon, my lazy mornings are going to be gone, and I'll be getting up early and going to bed late...and I can't wait!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Can't wait to hear you all tomorrow! I'll be scheduling interviews for the Young Clergy documentary soon in the press room. I'll be in touch! I'll try to get some shots of your press conference too. :)