Thursday, April 24, 2008

Morning at the Convention Center

I arrived at the Convention Center safely and made my way to the “Delegates without Credentials” table. I felt so naughty. Oh well. They sent me into the Secretary of General Conference’s office, and the staff got me a new credentials card. It wasn’t really a big issue. I got my registration packet safely, so all is well. It is now 10 am, the Orientation for Women Delegates begins at 12. I will go over the packet of information they gave me at registration and figure out exactly where I’m going for the Orientation. I saw Jerry DeVine (Albion District Superintendent, reserve delegate) near the registration table…and I forgot to tell you yesterday, I saw Joy (Detroit clergy and head of delegation) crossing the street. After walking along forever next to Mike (who seemed to know everyone), it was nice to finally be able to get in one of my own. So thanks, Joy. It was great to see you.

No comments: