Monday, April 21, 2008

Lansing to Detroit

I boarded without a hitch. They did make me valet check my backpack, but didn’t charge any extra. It wasn’t a huge problem. We taxied to the take off area, and then stopped and the motors went off. There was a thirty-five minute hold-up in Detroit, so ATC (Air Traffic Control) would not allow us to begin our flight. Our stewardess (oh, she’s called a “flight attendant” now, isn’t she?) came through with a beverage service as we sat motionless on thee taxi run. My connecting flight wasn’t until 3:19, so I wasn’t worried at all. We took off eventually and got to Detroit safely. On the plane, I memorized portions of the Young People’s Address. I would love to not have to stand behind a podium, and I think Sarah (the General Conference Stage Manager) will let me if she sees that I am confident with it tonight at rehearsal.
So now I’m sitting in the Detroit Airport. Tragically, this airport doesn’t provide free wireless. I’m typing this into a Word document and will upload it onto the blog later tonight. I have a long time before my flight, as it’s only 1:40, but I found an outlet, so I’m watching “The Mummy” and will continue working on my Legislative Committee Assignments while I wait.

No comments: