Monday, April 21, 2008

Fun with Hotels

Because of an issue with overbooking and having fewer rooms available in one of the hotels near the Convention Center, I was stuck 8.7 miles out on the freeway. Luckily, a shuttle does run to the hotel, so I'll be able to get back and forth safely. Unluckily, I'm very far from the rest of the Young People's Address folks and my delegation.
Tonight I tried to check in...thank heaven Mike and Julie from the General Board of Discipleship decided to come into the hotel with me. Because I'm under 18, the receptionist couldn't check me in without my mother. We called the hotel the Young People's Address folk are staying at, but there were not any extra rooms. We discussed calling Mom, faxing Mom a credit card approval sheet, putting one night on my Visa card and dealing with it tomorrow. Finally, Mike asked if they could put the room on his credit card. So I finally got into my room, but Mike and I are going to have to deal with some weird financial stuff eventually. Ah, well, it shall all work out in the end. I am in bed, though, which is always a good thing. The room is very nice; the hotel has a pool but not a workout room, which is a bummer. But I probably won't have a ton of time to be working out anyway. So, fear not, those of you who were worried. I have a room. I have transportation; the shuttles run fairly constantly from the hotel to the Convention Center from very early in the morning to very late at night. My biggest problem will probably be getting to the airport, but I'll make it work.

No comments: