Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tuesday Morning

Nothing of huge note this morning as far as legislation goes. Life proceeds; things got adopted and rejected. GCORR celebrated its 40th anniversary with a presentation and cupcakes just before lunch. Devin and I decided that we need to pull the YSF Chairperson Petition off the consent calendar...a pain, but the committee amended it in a way that makes things unnecessary and confusing. It either needs to be amended in a different way or rejected, and it's currently on the adoption consent calendar. So off she goes.
Worship...we celebrated full communion with the Lutheran Church, so a Lutheran bishop preached. He was very good, but I'm afraid he was drastically overshadowed by the Hope for Africa Children's Choir. They really should just do two hours at some point...I think people would come even if it was at 5 am. I think I'm going to try and have them come to Mount Pleasant First UMC or Michigan State University or something. Have to see them again. I asked Russ if I could adopt one...he replied that he wanted to adopt all of them himself. They were, again, the major highlight.
We were still in session at 10:32 am, and we didn't have any word from the young adults about GLBTQ issues. Perhaps at 10:32 pm, I don't really know. I'll have to ask folks at the Young People's Choir practice.

No comments: