Thursday, April 24, 2008

Entertaining Myself for the Morning

I’m guessing I’ll get to the Convention Center around 9:45. Depending on how long the line is for credentials, I could have a while before the Orientation for Women Delegates. And I have no internet in the Convention Center. How will I survive, you wonder? Won’t I die of boredom? (In case you couldn’t tell, I’m rather bored right now sitting on the bus. So you’re lucky enough to read the rambling results of my boredom.) The answer is: No! I shall not die of boredom! For my father has been kind enough to loan me his laptop, and I have been intelligent enough to bring with me several CDs and DVDs. Not to mention that there are people in the Convention Center, and I should start getting to know folks. It’s truly starting to begin; the last few days have felt more like just another rehearsal for the YPA team, but know life is getting good…and I’m really excited!
But wait! The shuttle didn’t take as long as I thought it would; we’ll be at the Convention Center just after 9:30. Happily, my hotel is the last stop. That means that return trips will take forever but that morning trips won’t take long at all. I can use the time on the return trip to blog about the evening, so it will work out.

No comments: