Monday, April 28, 2008

Hope for Africa Children's Choir

Oh my word. GOD IS GOOD! ALL THE TIME! Hosanna, hosanna, hallelujah. Just before our 3:40 break, we were introduced to the "Hope for Africa" Children's Choir. This choir is based in a United Methodist school in Uganda that takes in orphans to medicate, educate, clothe, and feed them. The children began singing in their school...and they got really, really good. I have to say: I'm tired. My emotions are fairly easily manipulated at this point in time; HOWEVER...I probably would have bawled anyway. The children were flown in by the South Georgia Conference to perform for us. They were absolutely wonderful. They will be performing tomorrow morning in worship...I am DEFINITELY getting here on time. For those of you at home, you NEED to see the live feed of this. Worship will be 8-9ish tomorrow (Tuesday) morning, Please see it if you can, or check it out later (I'm sure they'll have clips of it available after the performance). if there is any way I can, I will sneak backstage after/during worship to go hug some of those children. Such an affirmation that ministry in Africa is what I am called to do. Such an affirmation. GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

gavin richardson said...

i caught the live feed of them, they were quite excellent.. not sure why our young children's choir can't do all that? &:~)

Rick said...

Sounds really cool...