Saturday, April 26, 2008

Friday Night

Alright…I lived through the night. I’ve got a lot of work done; I’ve a lot left to do. I realized that I would have a fairly significant lunch break before we met again in legislative committee, so I will have that time to work and didn’t need to accomplish absolutely everything last night. So I did get a few hours of sleep. My basic strategy was working as long as I could, setting the alarm a little while ahead, waking up again to work as much as possible, going back to sleep, etc. I got from 2 am to 4 am solid, and then scattered moments in the rest of it. I can’t believe I’m publishing this on a blog my mother and grandmother will read…don’t worry, you two. I’m doing fine, and I’ll probably sleep at dinner.
Anyways, I got some breakfast at the hotel and packed up other goodies to eat during opening worship. I’m on the bus headed toward the Convention Center and will soon be back to work! I’ll check in sometime around lunch probably.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You KNEW the lack of sleep would elicit a comment from the paranoid one. I know you can do it, but I also know that sometimes after these no-sleep weeks, you become ill. Remember how hard it is to function when you are not feeling well, and try to get more rest.
I am interested to hear what the World Nature group is working on. Hope they are tackling environemtal issues.

Anonymous said...

I really do know how to spell "environmental".

Becca Farnum said...

The Worldwide Nature group is actually focused on the relationship between the United States and "other countries" in the United Methodist Church. We have functioned for many, many years as a US-based organization but are becoming more and more widespread. The Task Force is looking at how the Church can work to better empower all areas of the world.