Thursday, May 1, 2008

YEE-HAW!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I am very happy to announce that local pastors are going to be allowed to vote on clergy delegates to General, Jurisdictional, and Central (soon to be Regional) Conferences. I have officially taken care of my obligation to Kim Tallent (who helped to get me elected but couldn't vote for me or for the clergy delegates, being a local pastor) and am very happy to have done so. Laurie Haller is very happy, as is Jodie Flessner. Some kind of justice has been given to these folks who fall into a "never never land" of probationary (now provisional) membership.

3 comments:

gavin richardson said...

yeah for local pastors. may they feel a little less like secondary citizens

Becca Farnum said...

Exactly. We acknoledge your existence! Partially, anyways.

Craig L. Adams said...

I agree. This is a very good change.