Friday, May 2, 2008

Reports and Introductions!

There is NOTHING in this world more exhilerating than sitting here right now. We've had introductions of the worship, translating, and secretarial staff. (Saying thank you is extremely important and valid, I have no problem with that, and it was nice to see the faces of some of the folks "backstage.") Those were fine. But we moved instantly from them into the GCFA (Finance and Administration) report. An economist explained to us how they find the baseline for the budget. I suppose this helps to explain to people and ease fears, but was it seriously necessary? How about a worksheet we could read on our own. And now we're doing the endless reports that are simple vote-ups. They're incessant, but necessary. So I'm pressing "1" for yes every two minutes and typing this. See, you can share my boredom! How lucky you are. But wait, the bishop has become more intelligent; we are know raising our hands to adopt. Takes less time, but takes my hands off the keyboard for a longer period of time. Ooh...now we just had to suspend the rules to consider one. That's exciting. I really am going to stop typing this now...I'll check back in with you after lunch; hopefully I'll have something worthwhile to say.

No comments: